Returns & Exchanges
Returns & Exchanges
Kathrin Kidger Designs does not do refunds. We will gladly exchange items that have been purchased within 7 days. The items must be returned unwashed, unused, unworn and in their original condition with all tags attached.
In the event of a customer returning goods we require that the goods be returned with its original labelling within 7 calendar days.
Any items of clothing ordered from our website can be returned unworn and in its original packaging, accompanied by completed returns form (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, within 7 calendar days of receipt. Please notify us within this time frame).
Should you not meet the 7 days, we unfortunately won’t be able to assist with a return or exchange.
Please ship back to the following address:
Kathrin Kidger Designs
331 Problem Mkhize Road, Morningside, Durban, 4001
Items which are non-refundable & no exchange:
- Pre Order Items
- Any items where length has been custom made as per request of customer
- ALL XXL items, as all these items are made up for order.
- ALL private orders
Products not eligible for returns
“New and unused” means there are no marks on the item or wear on the tags and the item has been returned to us in its sale-able condition. Kathrin Kidger Designs will not accept returns for any non-faulty items that have been worn, washed and/or tags removed
We will not accept returns on any items of clothing that have been worn, have had their packaging removed, or are not in their original packaging.
The following products are not eligible for a refund, exchange or credit:
- products marked "Final Sale";
- products marked "Sale";
- electronic vouchers;
- intimates, bodysuits or under garments;
- jewellery for piercings;
- Size: XXL
- products which have been personalised for you or made to your specifications, unless defective
- Bespoke or customized items cannot be returned or exchanged under any circumstances
- All signature styles
- All pre order items/colour run
Goods returned are at the expense of the customer. We will not accept responsibility for the non-arrival of returned items that were sent by any means other than those stated on the returns form.
Customers are advised to please inspect their purchases on receipt, before removing any tags or disposing of any packaging, and to please inform us of any defects via e-mail email@example.com within 48 hours of receipt of the items.
We will only accept faulty items if the items were delivered to the customer damaged. The faulty/damaged items will be inspected and assessed at the studio where an outcome will be decided on, taking fair wear and tear into account. After assessment, items may be repaired and returned where repair is possible.
Please refer to our sizing chart when ordering your garment. Once you have placed your size order this will be considered to be your final order.
In the event of an exchange, items are subject to product availability and the customer will incur any shipping costs for returning items in exchange. We can only exchange an item for a different size, style, and colour subject to our stock availability.
All exchange enquiries can be made by contacting, firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail with EXCHANGE in your subject heading.
Exchanged items can only be dispatched after the returned goods have been received and undergone a quality control check back at head office.
How to proceed with your exchange:
You must use our returns and exchanges procedure for returning defective or unsuitable goods, or else we may refuse to accept them.
- Please email us at email@example.com advise that you would like to make a return or exchange. In your subject heading please state whether you are claiming for a RETURN or EXCHANGE & request a return & exchange form.
- Fill out the form with details required including your contact details, date & place of purchase, along with all details of the physical goods you would like to return or exchange.
- E-mail the return & exchange form to our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer services should contact you with confirmation of your request within 24 hours of receipt.
- All exchanges will be subject to our stock availability.
- Any return of physical goods must include proof or purchase including all original packaging supplied. Should no packaging is available; please ensure the goods are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit.
- Securely wrap and package the item with the printed completed form.
- Kathrin Kidger Designs will arrange a courier to collect the package, which will be deducted, from your credit due.
- Courier fee is dependent on area.
- Our customer services department may inform you that they do not believe you have a claim, i.e. the warranty period of the goods has expired. In this case we may refuse to repair or replace goods, or exchange.
- Once we have received the package, Kathrin Kidger Designs will notify you that we have received the physical goods.
- Kathrin Kidger Designs will also notify you in the same email if we have not received the return claim form associated with your claim. If we have not received it, we will send you a blank return form attached to the email. Please complete it and return it to us in terms of our returns and exchange procedure above. We will not be able to continue processing your claim until we have received this document.
- If you claim that our goods are defective, our staff will examine the goods for defects.
- In the case of physical goods, our staff will examine the actual goods. They will report to us whether the goods were defective, were misused, or are of good quality.
- If you claim that our goods are unsuitable for your purposes, we will first investigate whether you communicated the purpose to us. If you did, we will then provide you with a written report indicating whether we believe the goods were unsuitable for your specific purpose or not.
- If the goods were returned outside the seven day cooling-off period, or our staff report that the goods were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then we will not repair, replace, or exchange the goods.
- If you returned the goods within the seven day cooling-off period and our staff report that the goods were defective, were provided to you for your specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, then we will either contact you and ask you whether you would like us to repair, replace, exchange or issue a credit note. (if you are also a consumer under the CPA) or advise you how we have decided to compensate you (if you are not a consumer under the CPA).
- If you choose for us to repair or replace the goods or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organise the necessary steps to repair or replace the goods.
We recommend that you send all items insured and/ or registered when sent through the mail, as we cannot take responsibility for packages that we do not ship ourselves.
Receiving an exchange/credit
Once your package has been returned to us within the above stated time frame unless otherwise authorized by the management at Kathrin Kidger Designs.
Each item will undergo a quality control check and once verified your credit note or exchange will be executed.
Please note: If we receive your return in a condition which we feel is not fit for exchange, we shall get in touch with you to discuss proceedings. Kathrin Kidger Designs reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange for any item sent back in a condition where the item has been used or damaged. Only items, which Kathrin Kidger can confirm as new and unused, will be eligible for a return or exchange, so that they have reached our returns department within the time frame outlined above (unless otherwise organized). Kathrin Kidger will not accept returns or exchange goods for any non-faulty items that have been worn, washed and/or with tags removed.
A credit note or exchange will not be issued for items, which fail to meet our standards set forth above.
Section 21 - Covid-19:
Kathrin Kidger Designs has a very strict health and hygiene protocol with guidelines from the WOH, from packaging to making of garments.
Section 22: Signature Styles:
Please note, our Signature styles are only made up upon purchase. As such, we cannot refund monies paid or issues a return/exchange given the nature of the order. That being that all signature styles are bespoke and only fabricated on payment.
Please allow for 48 hours for style to be made and another 48 hours for dispatch and 36 hours should you be based in an outlying area.
Section 23: Signature Styles:
Please note, our pre order items are only made up upon purchase. As such, we cannot refund monies paid or issues a return/exchange given the nature of the order.
Please order a size up if concerned about sizing, we can always downsize, otherwise please contact email@example.com to assist you.